4505 Spicewood Springs Road
Austin, TX 78759
- J.D. - The University of Texas School of Law
- B.A. - The University of Texas at Austin
Ian is a willing and able advocate for his clients, who fights hard in court to ensure that they receive the full benefit of the law. Ian’s practice focuses on high conflict areas of family law, including divorces, contested custody disputes, and CPS cases. However, Ian also understands that many people are better served by collaborating outside of the courtroom, and he will work with clients and opposing counsel to find creative solutions to complicated issues.
Furthermore, Ian is a certified mediator, and received additional instruction in dispute resolution through the Graduate Portfolio Program in Dispute Resolution while at the University of Texas School of Law. This background helps Ian counsel clients through Alternative Dispute Resolution processes when available and appropriate for their situation.
Ian originally hails from the South Texas town of Castroville, but he has called Austin home since 2001. A two-time graduate of UT Austin, Ian is an avid fan of the Texas Longhorns football and baseball teams.
- TheDecider: A Case for Texas-style Child Custody Arbitration, State Bar of Texas Family Law Section Report, Summer 2009
Speeches and Presentations
- Succeeding at the Practice of Law, April 2010
- Dispute Resolution Symposium, May 2009